We help people live a healthier, dental lifestyle.
This page provides you with practical information about our practice. It includes descriptions of our doctors. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
SureSmile Clear Aligners are a series of clear dental trays that gradually straighten your teeth and improve your overall dental health by reducing the chance of wearing and chipping your teeth from a poor bite. SureSmile Clear Aligners are virtually invisible, removable, and comfortable to wear.
Your SureSmile treatment plan is mapped out with precise digital scanning technology and patented orthodontic software to create a customized treatment plan based on your individual needs and goals. Under the care of a licensed dental professional, specifically certified in SureSmile Aligner Therapy, your treatment is guided and supervised to make sure your results progress as planned with your health in mind.
SureSmile Clear Aligners are used to treat cases of Underbite, Overbite, Crossbite, Open bite, Gaps between teeth, Crowded Teeth, and to Touch up post-braces cases where small shifting has occurred.
• 3D Digital Impression Scans with PrimeScan to map out a precise view of your teeth and bite. No more messy mouth impressions!
• Patented SureSmile software for precise individualized treatment planning reviewed by a licensed and certified dentist with extensive training in clear aligner therapy. • Less Refinements and shorter treatment time than other clear aligner brands due to its patented digital software and high-quality clear plastic aligner trays (Essix ACE®). • No need for traditional wires and metal brackets. • Easily removed for eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. • Covered by many orthodontic insurance plans. • Improve Overall Oral Health. Straight teeth are easier to floss, brush and are less likely to wear down, chip or break.
How Do I Get Started?
1. Call our office for a Free Consultation!
We take a 3D digital impression and photos of your face and teeth to design your treatment plan.
2. Design and Plan:
Dr. Gagnon-Saleeby and a Digital Lab Specialist will design your custom case using advanced digital software. The aim is to complete your treatment precisely and effectively. Once the design process is complete, we schedule a quick visit to review your new smile treatment plan!
3. Start Treatment!
We will schedule an appointment to try in your first set of clear aligners and discuss home care. You will also be given specialized tools to wear, store, and clean your trays in your SureSmile Patient Kit. When wearing your aligners as recommended you will quickly notice an improvement in your smile. SureSmile aligners are easy to wear, comfortable and virtually invisible!
Most Commonly Asked Questions
1. How much does it cost?Does my insurance cover it? Cost is determined by length of treatment time. We provide several payment options to fit with your needs and budget. SureSmile Aligner Treatment is covered by most orthodontic insurance plans. Some plans require a pre-authorization prior to treatment. Our Patient Care Coordinator at Renewal Family Dental will help you with this process.
2. Does it hurt? Shifting teeth can cause minor soreness, especially with the first day of a new tray set. However, with time and supplemental use of an anti-inflammatory medication such as over the counter ibuprofen or acetaminophen, pain usually subsides quickly. As your teeth grow accustom to a set of trays, pain is minimized or non-existent.
3. How many hours a day do I have to wear my trays? How many days do I wear each set of trays? 20 to 22 hours per day is ideal. Trays are removed when eating and drinking. You can wear your trays when drinking water or drinking through a straw. Richly colored foods or drinks can stain trays. With proper oral hygiene and regular cleaning of trays, staining of trays is not likely to occur. You will be provided with a SureSmile Patient Kit at the start of your treatment with the tools you will need to store and clean your trays. Each set of trays are to be worn for two weeks each. This is to ensure that each set of trays have the appropriate amount of time to complete all planned teeth movement as choreographed in your customized treatment plan.
4. Do I have to wear a retainer at the end of treatment? Yes, top and bottom teeth retainers at the end of treatment is strongly recommended to preserve the final position of your teeth and smile. Several sets of clear retainer trays are provided. These retainers are made for you at the end of your treatment, and you are to wear them while you are sleeping.
5. What can I eat and drink while wearing the trays? It is recommended to remove your trays when eating or drinking. Water is the only liquid you can consume with your trays on. Richly colored foods or drinks can stain trays. Do not chew sticky foods with trays on.
6. Can I easily take my SureSmile aligner trays off and put them back on? Yes, you can easily take our trays off and place them back on. On the day we start your treatment, you will be shown how to remove and wear your trays properly. You will also be given specialized tools to help remove and wear your trays in your SureSmile Patient Kit.
7. How do I clean my SureSmile aligner trays? In your SureSmile Patient Kit (given to you on your treatment start appointment), you will have cleaning tablets to clean your trays. Mild soap, cool water and a tooth brush can also be used to keep your trays clean from staining, plaque and debris.
8. How often do I have to come in for check ups? It is recommended that you return for follow up progress appointments every six to eight weeks. During these appointments we observe and record how your teeth are shifting and following your customized treatment plan. Our goal is to make sure you progress in your treatment in a timely manner as proposed in your customized treatment plan. Your success is our success!
9. What if I need a tooth cleaning or to fix cavities? During your consultation we record your gum and teeth health and propose if you need to treat any cavities or gum disease. It is ideal that you maintain your regular dental checkups and tooth cleanings as recommended by your dentist and dental hygienist. Healthy teeth and gums will shift and align ideally. Straightening your teeth will also help your gum and teeth health tremendously. Straight teeth are easier to floss, clean and are less likely to wear down, chip or break.